Sunday, October 09, 2005

THE DORKS STRIKE BACK

Yes, look to the right my friends, and there you will see a link to the brand new episode of DORKCAST.

In our long-awaited second episode, Paul and I tackle The Deer Hunter and The Thin Red Line. From there, the conversation devolves into a discussion of japanese cult film, Battle Royale, and the new Werner Herzog documentary, Grizzly (which my wife doesn't want to go see).

We close with the song RainForest, by my friend Java Jel. I'm still kicking myself for not making it to the studio that day...

Check out Java's new website at ... http://www.bobplotkin.com/javajel/

In the meantime, look for our next episode alot sooner now we know where the damn record button is on these frickin' macs.

Dominic

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great second, episode guys. Had to laugh when Dom explained the technical hiccup to me on the phone the other day ;)

Dom ... for future reference Woody Harrelson starred in "White men cant jump", laughed my head off when you asked if he was in the Hoops documentary ... not sure if you were being serious or not but it made me smile.

Im afrad I never saw all of Hoops, could never sit through four hours of it! I think Michael Moore's documenataries are really watchable, Bowling for Columbine, and Farhenheit 911 were both very good. Admittedly the topics were so controversial that it was going to draw anyone in, and invariably everyone had wildly different opinions about them.

Battle Royale was amazing, Ive been a big fan of Japanese flicks, and Anime and im glad Dom has finally decided to broaden his horizons ;) Although I think he still hates Akira!
A movie I saw recently was Casshern, http://www.casshern.com/ . I still dont know what to think of it, its definitly one to watch more than once. I dont know whether i like it or hate it, but it is a qunitisential Japanese post-apocolyptic sci-fi movie.

cheers
Nad

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home